A Blanket Order is an order from a customer to supply materials for specific items over a period of time at pre-negotiated rates.
From a blanket order, sales orders can be generated as per the delivery schedule provided by the customer. Blanket orders help customers avoid storing materials in huge quantities while allowing them to take advantage of fixed rates by committing volumes within a specific time period.
To access Blanket Order, go to:
Home > Selling > Sales > Blanket Order
Before creating and using a Blanket Order, it is advised that you create the following first:
- Customer or Supplier
2. How to Create a Blanket Order for Sales and Purchase
- Go to the Blanket Order list, click on New.
- Select Selling/Purchasing in Order Type.
- Select Customer/Supplier.
- Specify the validity period of the order by selecting From Date and To Date.
- Enter Item Code, Quantity and Rate in the Item table. You can also mention the Terms and Conditions for each item.
3.1 Create Sales Orders
The ‘Ordered Quantity’ field will be updated once a Sales Order is placed. Once a Blanket Order is submitted, you can create new Sales Orders by clicking on Sales Order under the Create button.
3.2 Create Purchase Orders
The ‘Ordered Quantity’ field will be updated once a Purchase Order is placed. Once a Blanket Order is submitted, you can create new Purchase Orders by clicking on Purchase Order under the Create button.
3.3. Create Quotations
Once a Blanket Order is submitted, you can create new Quotations by clicking on Quotation under the Create button.
You can view Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Quotations against this Blanket Order through the Dashboard.
Note- Multiple Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and Quotations can be created against one Blanket Order.